comments powered by
Posted August 15th, 2012
Is your roof in good shape? Take a look at these roof problems to look out for in your Kansas City home.
- Missing or torn shingles- If shingles are out of place, the roof of your home is exposed to the elements and can sustain water damage or rot. What’s worse, missing shingles can cause allow adjacent shingles to be blown away, making the problem even worse! It’s important to address the issue right away to prevent further damage.
- Damaged or missing flashing- Examine the metal surrounding your chimney, skylights, vents, and areas where roof sections meet. If the flashing is rusty, damaged, or missing altogether, you could have a leak waiting to happen.
- Problems with interior walls or ceilings- If you notice discolored, cracked, or peeling plasterboard, paint, or wallpaper, these may be signs of a hidden leak.
- Moss- If there is moss growing on your roof, it can trap water and decrease the life of the roofing material.
- Age- If your roof is 15 years or older, it’s a good idea to have it inspected. While some types of roofing can last longer than 15 years, that is the point at which many types of roofs start to decay.
No matter what problems you’re having with your roof, we’re more than happy to help. Contact Bordner Installation Group today to set up a free roof consultation and receive an estimate on roof repair or replacement.