Curb appeal is one of your home’s best assets, which is why it is important that you carefully select an exterior color scheme for your house. Consider how all of the colors of your materials will coordinate, from roofing, siding, doors, and trim to landscaping and hardscaping. In addition, the palette that you choose for your home’s exterior can also make an impact on your neighbors’ homes that surround the property. To make this task less daunting, Houzz offers several tips for choosing an exterior color scheme for your home:
- Consider the components of your home’s exterior that would be the hardest to change and be sure that the color scheme that you choose works well with these elements.
- To best capture the home’s true architectural style, consider using colors from the home’s era.
- Stick to no more than three paint shades for your color scheme: a dominating field color, an accent color, and a trim color.
can help you improve the look of your Kansas City home with new roofing, siding, replacement doors, and stucco installation. Contact us today to learn more about how our home improvement services can benefit you.
Owens Corning even has a shingle color selector, the Color Compass
The fall season is the best time of the year to make some updates to your home in preparation for the cooler winter months. One home improvement project to seriously consider is upgrading the windows in your home, and Bordner would like to take a moment to make you aware of the benefits of Infinity replacement windows:
- Infinity windows are 8 times stronger than traditional vinyl windows and 3.5 times stronger than vinyl/sawdust composites.
- If you are looking for a low maintenance window, an infinity fiberglass window is an excellent choice as it requires no sanding, scraping, and painting and will not rot, fade in color, warp, or dent.
- Infinity windows are less likely to leak or crack.
- Infinity windows meet Energy Star standards and block 92% of damaging UV rays. They also use 39% less energy to produce than traditional windows.
- A 20 year guarantee is offered on the glass with limited lifetime parts warranties from Infinity.
Bordner is highly trained and experienced in installing Infinity windows from Marvin. Please contact our team of professionals today to learn more about this product and how to get the process started: 816-358-2102.
View a window feature video here to learn more
The fall season is the best time of the year to prepare your home for the upcoming winter months. Surprisingly, there are a number of ways that you can maintain a comfortable temperature in your home this winter without turning up the heat, and The Daily Green offers a few of these winterization tips below:
- Block unwanted drafts of cool air from entering your home by making your owndraft snake and placing it at the bottom of your door. Upgrading to a high quality vinyl or fiberglass replacement door is the most effective way to stop this type of energy loss.
- Add extra insulation to your home, and give special attention to your attic floor and basement ceiling. Currently, the federal government will reimburse homeowners 30% of the insulation cost up to $1500. Learn more about the insulation services offered by Bordner by visiting our website.
- You will save between 1 and 3% on your heating bill for every degree that you lower your thermostat, and a programmable thermostat can make this task an easier one to manage.
Bordner has been a trusted home improvement company in the Kansas City area for more than 20 years, and we would appreciate the opportunity to help you with your next project. Contact us today to learn about some more winterization solutions for your home.
While a wooden exterior is very attractive, it does involve more maintenance. Fortunately, vinyl siding now comes in styles that look as authentic as real wood. Available in a wide range of colors and designed to mimic everything from real wood to cedar shake, vinyl siding can easily mesh with any new or existing home exterior.
Vinyl siding has been around for over 50 years and was introduced as a replacement for aluminum siding. Early vinyl wasn’t without its faults; it cracked, warped and faded. But now with huge gains in vinyl material compounds, along with sophisticated vinyl siding installation techniques, vinyl has gained over 32 percent of the nation’s siding market.
While over an extended period of time vinyl siding will fade slightly there really isn’t a great deal of maintenance involved. Wash on a regular basis to remove any dirt, mold or mildew that may have accumulated using nothing more than a soft brush and vinegar/water solution. Rinse thoroughly and that’s it. Most vinyl manufacturers don’t recommend using a power washer as the force of the water could possibly damage the panels and drive water behind them.
Ready to find out more about why vinyl siding is right for your home? Call our Kansas City siding installation company today at 816-303-0510, or visit Bordner.
If you have been trying to find the best time to make improvements to your home, it’s time to call Bordner. Our Kansas City home improvement company can help you achieve your goals with quick, affordable, and most importantly, high-quality service.
After 60,000 happy Kansas City customers and over 20 years of experience, we know how to deliver the results you want. As the temperatures drop this fall and winter approaches, it is the perfect time to get the ball rolling on your home improvement projects.
Not only are prices on materials lower in the winter, it’s also a slower season, making scheduling much easier. You may also be glad to know that if you are having roofing repairs done or insulation added, it won’t effect the internal temperature of your home much.
We’d love to help you improve the energy efficiency, look, and value of your home, so give us a call today to set up a consultation with one of our experienced agents about your Kansas City roofing, siding, window and door replacement, or stucco installation needs.
Fall is the perfect time to start thinking about ways to save money and stay warm this winter. Don’t wait until it gets cold outside; take a look at your home now to see how you can improve energy efficiency and prevent heat loss.
One of the best ways to keep the heat in is by adding insulation. Many homeowners don’t realize that their attic is poorly insulated. Just like a hat helps to hold in your body heat on cold days, insulation in the attic helps keep all that hot air in your house where you can actually enjoy it!
If you’re looking for a Kansas City insulation company to install fiberglass insulation in your attic, contact Bordner today. We can also add insulation in conjunction with replacing your roof, for a stress-free process that will make a huge impact on your future energy bills.
To learn more about blown-in fiberglass insulation, give us a call today and set up a free consultation.
Fall weather calls for a warm, toasty fire, and a beautiful fireplace can make a wonderful focal point for your living room. An unattractive fireplace can detract from the overall look of the space, but thanks to lightweight cultured stone, you can create the elegant, classic look of a stone hearth.
At Bordner, we install cultured stone veneer both indoors and out. Due to the lighter weight of this type of stone product, it does not require an extensive support structure like regular stone, making it ideal for interior use. It’s also a great low-maintenance, low-cost option.
We use only the best quality products here at our Kansas City stone installation company, including Boral Cultured Stone. Take a look at some great examples of cultured stone fireplaces for any home style, and give us a call today to learn more about adding cultured stone to your home.
If you own a luxury home in Kansas City, it only makes sense to choose the very best products and materials. Your home is an important asset, and maintaining it in impeccable condition is important. When it comes time to replace the roof of your home, call us at Bordner.
Our roofing repair and replacement company offers a number of high-quality roofing materials, including the very best- hard-surface roofing products. This includes:
- Concrete and clay tiles
- Slate (Natural and man-made)
- Stone-coated metal (Decra)
Excepting natural slate, all of these hard surface roofing products can be had in an expansive range of colors, allowing you not only a durable product, but also maximum potential for creating a stylish home.
Not all roofing products are created equal, so be sure to consult an experienced roofing contractor before choosing the roof tiles for your home. Those of us at Bordner Roofing would be glad to provide product knowledge and guidance to help you make the right decision for your home.
To learn more about our Kansas City roofing services, contact us today!