At our Kansas City home improvement company, we offer a wide range of services for homes new and old, including stucco installation and repair. Homeowners have long appreciated the benefits of traditional stucco, which is not only attractive, but also extremely durable.
Innovations in the industry have made stucco even better these days, allowing home and business owners to achieve fantastic results thanks to acrylic finishes and sculptured trim. Acrylic stucco finishes are ideal for those who would like a totally maintenance-free finish, while sculptured trim allows customers to enhance the architectural appeal of their homes.
For more information, contact Bordner to set up a free stucco consultation. Your Kansas City home could have a new look in no time!
September is National Mold Awareness Month, so we’ll be discussing some ways in which you can protect your home and family from harmful mold. First off, it’s important to know a little about mold. We highly recommend reading over the EPA Mold and Moisture pages, which provide a great overview.
Mold spores produce mycotoxins, or toxic vapors, which can have very serious health implications. Mycotoxins can cause everything from seemingly minor skin irritation, nosebleeds, headaches, and cold-like symptoms, to severe neurological damage, respiratory problems, and even cancer.
In order to protect your family from mold, it all comes down to one thing: preventing moisture from entering your home. That’s just one more reason to embrace regular roof maintenance. A damaged roof can allow water into your home, creating moisture in the attic, walls, and ceilings. It’s also important to hire a trustworthy siding installation company, because improperly installed siding can also lead to unwanted moisture.
To learn more about our Kansas City roofing or siding installation services, contact Bordner today!
Settling on a roofing material for your Kansas City home can be challenging, and depends on many different factors. Cost, durability, and the architectural style of your home all play into the decision, but Bordner can help you choose the type of roof that is best for your home.
One of the most beautiful and sophisticated materials we offer is wood shake roofing. If you’re looking for wood roofing installation in Kansas City, you’ll be glad to learn that we have earned the highest level certification with the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau, a non-profit trade organization that encourages excellence in the wood roofing industry.
Wood shakes offer many benefits, including:
- Natural appearance and distinctive look
- Work well with traditional home styles like Craftsman and Tudor
- Can last for 20-30 years when properly installed and high-quality product is used
To find out if wood shake roofing is right for your home, visit our roofing guide and contact us to set up a free roofing consultation!
As Kansas City roof installers, we take pride in using high-quality roofing materials to ensure the roofs we build can stand the test of time. We happily use GAF roofing products for that very reason. But today, we’re putting the spotlight on GAF for something else- their outstanding work on the Homeliest Home Contest!
The company held a contest to provide a full exterior home makeover to individuals in three categories: military service members, people suffering from an illness, and victims of weather-related home damage. You can see the amazing makeovers by visiting GAF Roofing on Facebook. Here’s one of our favorites, a great example of how a new roof can transform the look of a home. It also features new siding, stone veneer, and shakes, which work together to create a beautiful new facade.
If you are looking for a Kansas city roofing company that carries GAF roofing products, contact Bordner today!
We recently stumbled upon a great post over on the CertainTeed Blog- “Will Homebuyers Pay More for Green?” The article deals with the changing impact of the economy and housing market on green building trends.
According to the post, fewer people are willing to pay more for green home improvements these days based on purely environmental reasoning. However, more people are actually willing to pay more if those environmental reasons are backed up with hard and fast benefits to the consumer.
In days gone by, homeowners usually made their purchasing decisions based on the “up-front cost factor,” but now people are starting to realize that a larger up-front cost can pay off hugely in the long run when it comes to durability and sustainability.
At Bordner, we make it a point to provide our customers with the product knowledge they need to make the right choices for their homes. Our Kansas City home improvement company offers a wide variety of energy efficient and otherwise “green” home building products, including fiber cement siding by CertainTeed. Call us today to learn more about fiber cement siding installation and other services for your home!
If you are considering which home improvement projects to undertake on your Kansas City home this year, it pays to include some energy efficient updates. But which home improvement projects will most improve the energy efficiency of your home? Take a look at a few of the best options from this green home improvement article.
- Add insulation- Retain more heat in the winter by beefing up the insulation in your attic.
- Eliminate leaks- If your home has leaks around doors, windows, vents, and other areas, you could be wasting a substantial amount of energy cooling or heating air that simply escapes outside.
- Install energy efficient replacement windows- New window models can provide major energy savings.
- Upgrade to energy efficient doors- Avoid hollow metal doors, which will allow more heat loss.
For Kansas City window installation, roofing repair, and much more, we’re the obvious choice. Contact Bordner today to learn more about our Kansas City home repair services.
Is your roof in good shape? Take a look at these roof problems to look out for in your Kansas City home.
- Missing or torn shingles– If shingles are out of place, the roof of your home is exposed to the elements and can sustain water damage or rot. What’s worse, missing shingles can cause allow adjacent shingles to be blown away, making the problem even worse! It’s important to address the issue right away to prevent further damage.
- Damaged or missing flashing– Examine the metal surrounding your chimney, skylights, vents, and areas where roof sections meet. If the flashing is rusty, damaged, or missing altogether, you could have a leak waiting to happen.
- Problems with interior walls or ceilings– If you notice discolored, cracked, or peeling plasterboard, paint, or wallpaper, these may be signs of a hidden leak.
- Moss– If there is moss growing on your roof, it can trap water and decrease the life of the roofing material.
- Age– If your roof is 15 years or older, it’s a good idea to have it inspected. While some types of roofing can last longer than 15 years, that is the point at which many types of roofs start to decay.
No matter what problems you’re having with your roof, we’re more than happy to help. Contact Bordner today to set up a free roof consultation and receive an estimate on roof repair or replacement.
When deciding what type of siding is right for your home, there are many options to choose from. For homes that are compatible with the material, we think stucco siding is a great option, and here’s why:
- Having a stucco finish applied to your home costs about the same as installing high-end vinyl siding, but stucco is extremely durable.
- There’s a reason stucco is such a long-lived siding product for homes- it’s hard to beat! Stucco is termite- and rot-proof, fire resistant, and is even hard to damage through impact.
- Due to its time-honored role as a building material and the versatility of the product, stucco gives your home a classic, elegant look. We can even help you accentuate your home by adding trim or an acrylic finish.
If you would like to learn more about our Kansas City stucco installation services, contact Bordner today and set up a free consultation to see if your home is a good candidate for this product.
According to the U.S. Green Building Council, over 20,000 homes across the U.S. have earned LEED for Homes certification. The Editor at Large reports that the focus on green home design continues to grow in all segments of the housing industry, from single family homes to multi-family housing.
While most homeowners don’t take the time and expense to earn LEED certification, there is still a pronounced demand from homeowners for green home design, from sustainably-sourced materials to non-toxic finishes. However, the green building issue on most people’s minds is undoubtedly energy efficiency.
Energy efficient homes are not just better for the environment- they can also save the homeowner a lot of money! If you are looking for ways to make your Kansas City home more energy efficient, Bordner can help.
We carry a wide selection of energy efficient replacement doors and windows to fit any home. We carry both vinyl and fiberglass windows and doors, and our knowledgeable staff can provide you with all of the information you need to make the right choice for your home.
If you’d like to set up a free window consultation with us today, just call us at 816.303.0510 or use the contact form at left.