HAIL DAMAGE REPAIR FOR KANSAS CITY ROOFS
If a hail storm recently hit your area, you probably have questions about whether your roof was damaged or not, and what steps you need to take to prevent further damage to your home. Read below for answers to questions we commonly receive from homeowners in the Kansas City area.
If you suspect your roof may have been damaged, call Bordner at 913-745-7571. We will quickly send one of our roofing advisors to perform a free analysis of your roof, and advise you of any needed repairs.
“I think the recent hail storm may have damaged my roof. How quickly do I need to get it fixed?
The good news is that – unless you have a broken skylight or sustained a major breach – you have time to make a researched and informed decision. No one should ever pressure you to “decide today.” Because sun and rain will cause your damaged roof to deteriorate, though, it is important for you to determine if your roof needs replacing and select a reputable contractor to have the work completed within the next six months.
(Don’t sacrifice quality for time, but book early. Hail storms can make for a long waiting list with good roof installers.)
“Will my insurance agency pay to replace my damaged roof?”
If you had hail at your home, your roof may be damaged and you’ll need to call your insurance company. They will send someone to inspect your roof. The good news is that – in most cases – homeowner’s insurance does cover hail damage. Proper assessment of damage and a restoration plan by a reputable roofing contractor like Bordner can help you obtain insurance coverage.
“How do I go about selecting the right roofing contractor?”
Unfortunately, hailstorms can often be an invitation for unethical and untrained people to enter the roofing business. Here are a few things you should know:
- You may be approached by people who are trying to take advantage of you.
- Beware of out-of-state contractors. Storm chasers may jump at the chance to take your money and then leave before the job is done, or not take care of problems they have created.
- Contractors who offer to reimburse you for your deductible, or not charge you for it, could be committing insurance fraud. If you agree, you could be participating in the fraud.
- It’s in your best interest to ask a lot of questions and do your research.
- Ask to see Certificates of Insurance for workers compensation, liability coverage and completed operations coverage. Ask about the product warranty as well as the warranty the contractor offers on their installation work.
- Make sure all the workers are licensed. If not, you may have a cheaper price, but you just took responsibility for the safety of the people who are walking around on your roof.
- Ask for references and check the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List for reports of fraudulent and sub-standard work.
Learn how to protect your home from unscrupulous roofers by reading our free guide: Questions You Should Ask Potential Roofing Contractors.
“Why should I choose Bordner?
Anyone can replace your roof. It takes installation expertise to do it right. For more than 20 years, Kansas City has trusted Bordner for high-quality roofing, siding and window replacement. 40,000 satisfied customers later, Bordner is still installing the best product at the right price, guaranteed.
“Bordner honestly exceeded our expectations. We felt that you really cared about our home, and our wants and needs. We felt comfortable dealing with you, and are glad we picked Bordner over the numerous “Joe’s Roofing” companies that came by after the storm. With Bordner, we had peace of mind, professionalism and satisfaction guaranteed.” – A Bordner Client in Independence, MO
Does your home have hail damage? Please fill out the form below and find out how we can help you!